Re: [dev] [st] Glitch with copy & paste and combining Unicode sequences

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 17:01:17 -0400

Quoth Roberto E. Vargas Caballero:
> > Because if so, there are many many cases where there is no
> > precombined version in unicode, so you have to use the combining
> > characters.
>
> Yeah, of course, there are a lot of them. The point here is if these
> cases are common or not. All the characters that I use can be written
> with unicode characters.

That is true for almost all of the characters I write, but I
certainly have text that I've got from other places that isn't
precomposed. I could normalise most of it down to precomposed
characters, but it's nice to not have to think about it.

That said, and st is already perfectly usable for the things I do
with unicode (whatever bugs there are don't bite me in a way that I
notice or care about).