Re: [dev] Looking for simple, alpha supporting image format

From: Lee Fallat <ircsurfer33_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 10:53:37 -0400

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 10:36 AM, Lee Fallat <ircsurfer33_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 10:33 AM, FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de> wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 Jul 2014 10:16:17 -0400
>> Lee Fallat <ircsurfer33_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Honestly I'm surprised the header is just not [width] and nothing
>>> else. Sure, if the file ever gets lost in deletion space it'll never
>>> be recoverable, but that'll teach people not to remove files with so
>>> much haste :)
>>
>> I would have no problem with just having "pic" at the beginning of the
>> file (or any other name we might come up with).
>>
> Why, what's the purpose of this?

To answer my own question- because in 20 years from now people won't
know the format of the image files. So I vote for calling this image
format, internally in the header: "thecharliemurphy", because why not?
It's a pretty unique image format identifier if you ask me, and a nice
even 16 bytes, hehe...