Re: [dev] Looking for simple, alpha supporting image format

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 14:14:41 +0200

On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 14:04:17 +0200 (CEST)
"Köhring, Norman" <koehr_AT_mailbox.org> wrote:

> I thought we already skipped the intermediate bytes? Is there any worth having
> them?

No. I assumed we also already ditched the ASCII-approach and went for
binary-16 or 32-bit-BE-integers

> Also, regarding the magic number: Image is a very common description. We
> could also think about words like “picture” (or “pic”) or use some abbreviation
> of “simple image format”: SIF or SIMG?

SIF is already used by Microshaft Wangblows for Setup Installation Files.
SIMG is already used for Synclavier disk image files.

I don't pretend to care, but come on: We can do better than that!

> The format could look like MAGIC FORMAT WIDTH HEIGHT DATA. That results in for
> example:
> SIMGRGBA0000160000000900[data]

Read above. This could be way simpler...

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>