Re: [dev] Introducing the imagefile-format

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 23:51:55 +0200

On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 17:40:20 -0400
Lee Fallat <ircsurfer33_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> Why was the "specification in the header" idea ditched? Just curious.
> I think the current format is quite nice :)

I'm glad you like it!
Concerning the idea of "specification in the header", I literally spent
half a day making up my mind on different formats, but came to the
conclusion that none of them really were helpful.

Honestly, I think writing a parser from scratch is the most important
aspect of it. So if you parser contained some magic string, a
first-looker would surely wonder (especially if confronted with the
file only).

More importantly, "imagefile" gives a hint on what to search for,
whereas a magic string could be quite ambiguous.

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>