[dev] [dwm] Starting new windows in the CWD of the selected window

From: Stephen Paul Weber <singpolyma_AT_singpolyma.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 14:02:46 -0500

I realise this might not be possible in general. Really I'm mostly
interested in starting new st processes in the CWD of a currently-selected
st.

I think my approach should be something like:

Read _NET_WM_PID for selmon->sel->win (this is giving me some trouble,
actually, but I can probably figure it out)
Walk the process tree down from that PID to the most recent leaf child
Get the CWD of that child

The process tree walking is because in a terminal the shell changing
directory does not change the CWD of the terminal itself.

Has anyone else done work on this kind of functionality? Any tips? Am
I going about this all wrong?

--
Stephen Paul Weber, _AT_singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted