Re: [dev] surf rewrite for WebKit2GTK

From: Wolfgang Corcoran-Mathe <first.lord.of.teal_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 17:56:03 -0400

Quoth Daniel Camolês on Sat, Oct 25 2014 16:29 -0200:
> When the choice you have is between 500k or 2 million lines of
> code, it hurts to call anything suckless. I think the web needs
> a serious reboot.
>
> [snip]
>
> But when it comes to application distribution... I know that we
> have ssh and mainframe terminal applications, but those are not
> something most people are willing to use.

Are you talking about what 'most people' want when you speak of a
reboot?

Because I doubt whether people who are afraid of _SSH_ (of all
things) will choose a suite of less-sucking web applications if
they can pervert Firefox into doing everything. Any _popular_
reboot would have to require people to change very little about
their habits, and to do no hard thinking about the nature of the
Web--if possible, no thinking at all.

--
Wolfgang Corcoran-Mathe