Re: [dev] wego: a weather app for the terminal written in go

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 00:53:18 +0000

Quoth Markus Teich:
> since I was tired of fetching lots of unneeded html and js and images just to
> get a weather forecast, I wrote wego[0]. Comments welcome.

I did a similar thing a while ago in bourne shell. It's fragile, as
shell scripts should be, and shouldn't be relied upon. But it's a
nice example of another way to do this. It was never written for
public use, but what the hell.

It uses Weather Underground, which means it has hourly info, and
lots of other forecast stuff that the script is just ignoring for
now. It also loads the json with the weather data without needing an
API key, because that shit is for chumps.

Oh, and its output is far, far more basic than Markus'.

Attached.