Re: [dev] [website] [proposal] Add suckless logo and minor style change

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 09:50:52 +0100

On 1 February 2015 at 21:45, Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de> wrote:
> prototype wrote:
> A much bigger problem I see is swerc, which still has not been modified to
> statically generate the page[0] (I think I reported this more than a year ago…).
> Every pageload is rendered live, although there are no elements, which need that
> and the pages could easily be rendered to static html. So don't bikeshed too
> much until this is fixed.

This is not 100% correct. swerc is executed for each request, but the
rendered result is cached in the filesystem already. Only if a
timestamp of some .md file changes, the fs cache entry is invalidated.

Well executing swerc for each request is still overhead. But for the
sake of not doing weirdo stuff (like hiding .html or redirecting from
previously known URL to some .html file) in order to keep all the
links to suckless.org intact, I'm not inclined to disable the swerc
approach atm.

Broken links or always changing URLs suck. The execution of swerc
doesn't hurt too much. And if it does, it is not swerc to blame, but
lunix.

BR,
Anselm