Re: [dev] sed breaks utf8 in [ ]

From: Roger <rogerx.oss_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 21:05:17 -0400

>So my non-ASCII characters look incorrect in your MUA because you're
>stuck in an insane locale? Too bad. That pain is self-inflicted.

Don't blame me, I'm not the one who created all those funky European accented
characters, etc.

Just wait for ASCIII.

Really within the English language, there's really only a need for 128
characters. All other (European) characters tend to only be seen within
International communications. Most within the US have no need for the European
characters, etc.

However, per your previous comment concerning application development, no where
did I say I was omitting UTF-8 support from (my) applications. I merrily
stated I omit using those extra characters on my own computers, by using
POSIX/C locale. (ie. You'll notice some manufactured hardware using the FAT
file system, breaks when trying to read such characters.)

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/