Re: [dev] [rocks] Alpine Linux

From: Roger <rogerx.oss_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 20:34:34 -0400

> On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 06:18:37PM +0200, Vampyrah Broadcasting wrote:
>Hello everybody,
>
>Recently, I found the Alpine Linux distro. I think this fits into the
>rocks page, since it uses musl libc, BusyBox and OpenRC. Sounds cool,
>doesn't it? Especially since almost all distros are using systemd
>right now...

Ditto. Quite nice and small!

I just subscribed to the mailing list and planning to spend some time
helping with Alpine Linux since I enjoy (Suckless) DWM.

I noticed a bug or two with the installer when trying to install just to
/, instead of /boot & /. Just haven't had the time (as usual) to track the
issue down and submit patches or suggestions. :-/

And thank God, no resource hogging Python package manager, and just
either sh/bash and C! (Or what I see so far!)

Roger