[dev] [dwm] Style changes

From: David Phillips <dbphillipsnz_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 17:07:56 +1200

Out of curiosity, I wrote a small tool which enforces small subset of
the suckless style [0]:

> - Use a space after if, for, while, switch (they are not function calls)
> - Do not use a space with sizeof() (it does act like a function call)

I ran it over a handful of suckless sources including dwm.c, and it
generated a patch with 294 changes. I am still part-way through
manually checking each change, but it looks like all the changes it's
making are indeed bringing the code closer to conforming to the style
guide.

Before submitting a patch, I've got a couple of questions:

* Is there an immediate reason a patch of this nature would be
rejected? Is there something obvious that I'm missing?
* Is it worth submitting patches to align suckless code with the
suckless style guide?
* More specifically, does the community actually care enough about
retrospectively making such minor changes in code?

Thanks all

[0] http://suckless.org/style

--
Four word witty remark