Re: [dev] [dwm] Style changes

From: Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 09:49:23 +0200

Heyho David,

David Phillips wrote:
> Am I wrong in saying that on each new release, most patches will surely need
> tweaking regardless of there being style changes or not?

suckless software is not realease based. Patches are often created against head
and uploaded to the wiki with the respective commit-hash so people can rebase it
as they need.

I think there is no real „right“ moment to push style changes, so just do it
whenever they are ready. As you all probably have heard a few times: Users of
suckless software are developers. Developers should not have huge problems
adapting their patches to apply against the changed style. I think the community
level style rules are more important for consistency than the project specific
historically grown ones.

--Markus