Re: [dev] books that rock / algorithms design scientific publications

From: Charlie Kester <corky1951_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 09:12:15 -0700

On Sat 25 Apr 2015 at 00:20:32 PDT Jakub Lach wrote:
>Dnia 25 kwietnia 2015 8:37 Wolfgang Corcoran-Mathe <first.lord.of.teal_AT_gmail.com> napisaƂ(a):
>
>> A short list of
>> well-written books following the philosophy of simplicity would be
>> a great antidote to current fashion.
>
>I'm currently searching for similar thing, though the further removed
>from application/programming the better; I would like to have some general
>sane design principles I could cite [1].

What do you guys think of Bentley's "Programming Pearls" books?

Or P.J. Plauger's "Programming on Purpose"? It's an old book from the
structured programming days and has some nice discussions of how the
structure of the inputs and outputs determines the shape of a program.
Not particularly applicable to the design of event-driven, interactive programs,
but for data-transforms it seems pretty good.