Re: [dev] [st] Fcitx not working in st

From: Silvan Jegen <s.jegen_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 11:09:04 +0200

Hi Ivan

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 8:37 AM, Ivan Tham <ivanthamjunhoe_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> I typed ``Ctrl + Space`` in st but it seems like it doesn't work. Fcitx
> is a Chinese IME for XIM.

As far as I know no IME works with st (please correct me if I am
wrong. I use ibus which does not work either). I would actually be
interested in getting st to work with at least one of them but I am
having trouble figuring out where to start (Is it a X text protocol?
It probably is with XIM but not with ibus. Would I have to use an ibus
API to get st to work with ibus? Etc...).

I would like to know who here would actually support st getting proper
IME support (even if it would mean having additional dependencies)?

Cheers,

Silvan