Re: [dev] sbase: od: type 'c': format characters in octal as specified by standard

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 15:51:56 +0200

On Fri, 2 Oct 2015 09:41:56 -0400
Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu> wrote:

Hey Greg,

first, please send your patches to hackers_AT_, not dev@.

> This is relative to master. This seems to be required by the base
> standard, not an XSI extension.

This patch is wrong. The c-flag should print the characters unless
they match against the escape characters.
Still, our default format if no flags are given is wrong. I'd like
to postpone that though until we've worked out a nice backend for
multibyte-chunks.

Cheers

FRIGN

--