Re: [dev] A chance for a suckless web?

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 01:50:22 +0200

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 16:22:41 +0200
Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net> wrote:

Hey Christoph,

> What do you comrades think?

the web is almost a lost place. Nowadays, more and more people rely on
third-party themes for their websites, and 99% of those have been
developed with presentation in mind, not semantics.
If we look at the content itself (supplied by the authors), it's
mostly written in WYSIWYG-editors or worse, however, it usually is
adhering to what one might consider a semantic markup, including
proper headings and heading-hierarchies, proper use for paragraphs,
quotes, code and images.

This is the reason why I think that these cutting-edge news-readers are
the way to go. They cut out what is unfixable anyway and try to
work something out only based on the content actually submitted
by the website author.
Given the horrors of the DOM, I don't think there is a suckless way to
implement a program of this kind.

If you dig mud, your shovel gets dirty.

Cheers

FRIGN