[dev] [dwm] Fullscreen clients not resized on X display resolution change

From: Chris Down <chris_AT_chrisdown.name>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 13:49:05 +0100

I reported a bug to sxiv[0] that it failed to resize in fullscreen mode. The
author replied that this is a bug in dwm, not sxiv.

For example, when plugging into a larger monitor (my external monitor) after
running sxiv in fullscreen mode on my smaller monitor (built-in laptop
display), I get a situation where the full screen window is still visible, but
covers a much smaller portion of the screen[1].

Likewise, going the other way results in a window that is much larger than the
current display resolution. I repro this in the current HEAD (14343e69cc) of
the dwm repo.

I took a quick look at the code, but I didn't see any obvious reason for this.
I will look a bit further and supply a patch if I work it out, but if anyone
else has any ideas I'd be glad to hear them.

Thanks!

[0]: https://github.com/muennich/sxiv/issues/216
[1]: http://i.imgur.com/5edO5CM.jpg