Re: [dev] sj: ucspi

From: Matthew of Boswell <mordervomubel+suckless_AT_lockmail.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 19:02:02 -0500

On Thu, 19 Nov 2015 15:14:06 -0500
Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu> wrote:

> On 11/19/2015 03:11 PM, Matthew of Boswell wrote:
> > Note, however, that it did not work with sj. I think the reason is that
> > xmpp port 5222 is a STARTTLS port, not a straight SSL port.
>
> Maybe that's why the example in the man page of sj uses port 5223,
> expecting that to be a straight SSL port.

Ah, the man page. I forgot to check that... I guess I assumed that if
README.md was out of date, the manpage would be as well. Let me know if
you can get it working. My xmpp server (dukgo.com) doesn't have port
5223 open.

I guess tlsc wouldn't be able to work on 5222, since STARTTLS is an
application-level negotiation. Maybe best to do the tls inside sj?

--
Matt Boswell