Re: [dev] sj: ucspi

From: Jan Klemkow <j.klemkow_AT_wemelug.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 10:28:08 +0100

Hi,

Thanks for testing my jabber client and sorry for its inconvenience.

yes, STARTTLS is not implemented at the moment. I use jabber.ccc.de for
testing, cause they use the Port 5223 for TLS which is not recommend. I
will implement STARTSSL in the near future, stay tuned.

sslc(1) is the legacy version that just needed the OpenSSL library. But
it doesn't do any cert checks. tlsc(1) is the recommended version which
uses LibTLS from LibreSSL. But have a look at the Version number, I had
made pachtes for LibreSSL a few month ago which are nessasary for
tlsc(1).

Greg: I saw you patch at hackers_AT_, I will have a look at it at this
weekend. Thanks!

bye,
Jan