Re: [dev] [st] Reporting a Segmentation fault

From: v4hn <me_AT_v4hn.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 14:19:27 +0100

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 10:52:28AM -0200, Marc Collin wrote:
> Hello, I want to report a segfault when using st.
>
> Steps to reproduce:
> 1) open st
> 2) "vim file"
> 3) Press "Enter"
>
> Around 30% of times this results in a crash.
> Here's the message st gives:
>
> erresc: unknown sequence ESC 0xFD '.'
> Segmentation fault
>
> I am using the latest st from the git repo.
>
> If any other info is needed let me know, and I'll try to get it.

Are you a troll?

We discussed what bug reports in this community should look like
just this week in a different thread.

Where's the backtrace?
What system are you using?
Are you sure your terminfo file is up2date and TERM is correct?

"Steps to reproduce" do not produce a segfault over here as well.

v4hn