Re: [dev] scrollback with st

From: Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 07:56:37 -0500

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 12:22:18PM +0100, Rashad Kanavath wrote:
> My issue with the scrollback patches are below:
>
> 1. slow scrolling.

FYI, I use dvtm for scrolling and it is plenty fast for me. I can hold down
the shift and PageUp keys and it goes quite fast.

> 2. when I have something printing on console (eg: an ongoing
> compilation), it goes back to the last line or IOW it scroll down.
> I was expecting the line to be where it is whether or not I have any
> output on console.

I know what you mean. DVTM will automatically scroll back down to the bottom
when there are new characters to be displayed. Sometimes I want this
behavior, and sometimes I don't.

Since this is the suckless project, the way to fix it is to write the patch
yourself, or hire someone to do so.