Re: [dev] c++ compiler that rocks

From: Teodoro Santoni <asbrasbra_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 15:53:13 +0100

Hi,

> Then fine, set the default as whatever width you like
> for symbol wrapping, but should that not be done
> client-side? For example, when quoting, won't the
> text be pushed out further than that hard-wrap limit?
>
> Presumably, prior to sending you are still using soft
> wrapping and then it adds the hard-wrapping after,
> correct? Otherwise you would need to manually
> rewrap when adding a word. Why not merely move
> this step to the receiver?

Exactly because quoted text comes out stupid when
autowrapped by the receiver, ending with kludges like
the one I'm using when writing emails with acme:

#!/bin/sh
fold -s -w 79 - | sed '/^>/ !s/^/>\ /g'
echo ''

Also a long line of code, if hard wrapped by whom
is reading, generates stupidity when executed.