Re: [dev] [slock] won't lock if unclutter grabbed mouse pointer

From: Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 09:21:53 +0100

Andreas Doll wrote:
> I've tested with slock 1.1 and 1.2. Upon researching this issue I found that
> it was already noticed by others. Arch wiki [1] blames unclutter for this and
> notes that is also breaks i3lock, which isn't confirmed in [2].
>
> I'm not sure if you are fine with the current behaviour (by indeed blaming
> unclutter), or unaware of this issue.
>
> [1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Unclutter#Misbehaviour_of_the_mouse_cursor
> [2] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.netbsd.devel.pkgsrc.user/22667

Heyho Andreas,

I was not aware of that issue. The man page of unclutter says for the `-grab`
option "This often doesn't interoperate too well with some window managers" so
it might actually be not slocks fault. Since this does not seem to be a critical
issue, I will dig deeper into this when I can spare the appropriate amount of
time. Any further information or even patches are welcome.

--Markus