Re: [dev] [slock] won't lock if unclutter grabbed mouse pointer

From: Andreas Doll <fuseki_AT_posteo.de>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 13:42:45 +0100

On 2016-01-11 at 09:21, Markus Teich wrote:
> I was not aware of that issue. The man page of unclutter says for the `-grab`
> option "This often doesn't interoperate too well with some window managers" so
> it might actually be not slocks fault. Since this does not seem to be a critical
> issue, I will dig deeper into this when I can spare the appropriate amount of
> time. Any further information or even patches are welcome.

I've just tested with i3lock 2.6 (on Debian stable), which also returns after
a short moment to the desktop without verification, complaining

$ i3lock
i3lock: Cannot grab pointer/keyboard

so the issue seems to be caused by unclutter. Hence maybe a manpage entry
warning about that behaviour is sufficient. Do you agree, or are you still
planning to fix this within slock?