[dev] [bugs] st clears up upon resize and other little things

From: Brad Luther <bradkluther_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 10:53:30 -0200

Hello.

I found 3 behaviors on st that I believe to be bugs and not intended

1 - when you open st and some strings printed (try 'ls' for example),
upon resizing it down and resizing it back up, the content is lost.
Shouldn't the printed stuff remain there? This is an annoyance for
when I, for example, 'ls' a folder, open an image that I found inside
so dwm automatically tile st and the image, and then I close the
image. Now the st window will not show all the content of the folder
from when I did 'ls'. The files/folders previously printed that upon
resize were covered are now gone and I have to 'ls' again.

2- st is the only program on dwm that doesn't cover the entire screen
when opening it in fullscreen tile mode. There's always a line on the
bottom of the screen to which st refuses to expand.

3- the delkey patch[0] isn't working for me. As I understand it should
make 'Delete' erase the current the highlighted character, but it does
nothing. All I did was clone the repo and apply the patch (which is
simple enough). Are there any users successfully using this patch?
What could I have done wrong?

Thanks.

[0] http://st.suckless.org/patches/delkey