Re: [dev] structural regular expression support for vis

From: Joshua Haase <hahj87_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2016 13:07:10 -0500

Marc André Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 04, 2016 at 01:32:01PM +0200, Marc André Tanner wrote:
>> Hence it would probably be a good time to get some more testing feedback
>
> I merged the sam branch into master, hope this facilitates testing
> and encourages more people to give it a try ...
>
> http://repo.or.cz/w/vis.git
> https://github.com/martanne/vis/
>
> --
> Marc André Tanner >< http://www.brain-dump.org/ >< GPG key: 10C93617

sam features work generally fine, just a few notes:

- Since commit ab2d1ddd0 the `!` command stopped working (did bisect),
  but the command is still in the documentation and default config file.

  The commit f47ecc3518e2 claims to reimplement the command but doesn't.

  Is the intended behavior to drop `!` command in favour of sam cmds?

  Otherwise, `!` only works on primary cursor, even when using multiple
  cursors.

- When using multiple cursors and no selection, `<` command filters the
  entire line instead of adding the input of that command on the
  cursor positions.

  `:. | cmd` and `:. < cmd` work fine and I think this should be the
  default behavior of `|`, `<` and `>` when not specifying addresses
  (this also works on selections).

  Also, if we are to keep `! cmd`, it could be an alias for `:. | cmd`.
  This will also fix `!` on multiple cursors.

- When using sam commands, calling undo once does not restore the
  previous state.

  One can restore previous state by calling undo several times, but
  expected behavior is to call it once, as it is logically one
  operation. This is what sam does.

Thanks and keep up the good work!