Re: [dev] [st] broken xft fallback with point size

From: Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 08:41:25 -0700

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 06:31:00PM +0300, Amer wrote:
> > man st: -f font defines the font to use when st is run.
> > I read font, not fonts there.
>
> 1. st genuinely supports fallback fonts more then 3 years already.
> Maybe it has flaws and not mentioned in man, but at least works.

I don't think you can use comma-separated values for fonts in st. You
just have to live with whatever st selects. In dwm and dmenu, you can
explicitly define fallback fonts by adding elements to the "fonts"
array. I proposed making fonts a configurable array in st
(http://lists.suckless.org/dev/1502/25615.htmlq), but that never
happened.

Eric