Re: [dev] [slock] PAM support

From: Jan Christoph Ebersbach <jceb_AT_e-jc.de>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 20:07:54 +0200

Hi Eric,

On Mon 16-05-2016 10:05 -0700, Eric Pruitt wrote:

> On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 06:32:54PM +0200, Jan Christoph Ebersbach
> wrote:
> > Yes, it's there in git but it takes a while till the web pages have
> > be regenerated, I guess.
>
> I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain the website is manually
> regenerated. Otherwise, it would be pretty easy to do malicious
> things.
>
> I downloaded and applied the patch directly from the sites repo, but I
> get "cannot retrieve shadow entry" when running it. I don't have time
> to debug the issue right now, so I'll follow-up later.

I guess this issue can still happen. I didn't remove most of the getpw*
code in order to keep the patch small. I'm using sssd and so the getpw
calls still work. The only issue is that the password hash can't be
retrieved. This problem I solved with this patch by passing everything
through PAM.

Jan Christoph
--
Jan Christoph Ebersbach
I didn’t want some petty, inferior brand of righteousness that comes