Re: [dev] which versions are dwm patches intended to apply to cleanly?

From: Britton Kerin <britton.kerin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 13:54:13 -0800

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 12:38 PM, FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 10:01:43 -0800
> Britton Kerin <britton.kerin_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>

> the right format is

So there are three categories of problematic patches:

   1. Patches that don't follow the naming convention
   2. Patches that don't apply cleanly to the version in their name
   3. Patches with both the above problems.

Here is what I think should happen for each of the cases above:

   1. Just change the name
   2. Email the author(s) about the problem, then mark unclean on web
   3. Email the author(s) about the problems, then mark unclean on web

I'm not going to try to fix patches I don't use myself, it's possible
to screw up and testing is a hassle since it involves the wm.
Changing the names of broken patches (case 3) will just annoy the
authors if they get around to doing anything.

I've finished a script to help with this process and unless there are
objections I'll do it in the next day or two.

Britton