Re: [dev] [scc] typeof is a gcc keyword

From: Evan Gates <evan.gates_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 09:43:15 -0700

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 7:49 AM, Marc Collin <marc.collin7_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> >Any compiler following the c99 standard will work.
> But a binary compiled with gcc or clang will suck. No?
> Even if scc source is suckless, won't the binary suck with we use
> gcc/clang to compile it?

If you need to build a compiler, and don't like the third party
compiler you use, it's not a big deal. As soon as you build your
compiler for the first time, use it to compile itself. No matter which
compiler you used the first time, the result of using a compiler to
compile itself should be identical.

emg