Re: [dev] new pre-patched version of dwm available

From: Hiltjo Posthuma <hiltjo_AT_codemadness.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 11:51:10 +0200

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 11:54 PM, Britton Kerin <britton.kerin_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> dwm needs patches to be good but the patches area is a mess and I
> couln't get along with devs about fixing it, so I thought a pre-rolled
> version of dwm might be useful instead:

You raise a good point in my opinion: when someone uploads a patch to
the wiki it should be maintained, atleast on the current stable
version of a tool, dwm in this case.

There are alot of patches that are messy, but at the same time with
some programming knowledge (expected from suckless "users") the
patches are easy to adapt.

> brittonkerin.com/sdwm
>
> ...snip snip...
>
> This isn't meant as a hostile fork. It could in theory usefully live
> on suckless.org under flavors/ or something where others might want to
> put similar stuff.

This is why there is a wiki section for the patches with optional
features. We don't want to merge every feature in dwm. Some people
like it, others don't. At this time I expect most people to have their
own "dwm fork", it is nothing special.

Kind regards,
Hiltjo