Re: [dev] new pre-patched version of dwm available

From: Jan Christoph Ebersbach <jceb_AT_e-jc.de>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 21:51:12 +0200

Hi,

I also keep a patched version of dwm at github.com/jceb/dwm-patches that
stacks all the patches in order to smoothly apply them. This is also
how I develop my patch using quilt.

Unfortunately, it's extremely hard to port interwoven patches back to
mainline. I have some tooling at github.com/jceb/dwm-clean-patches that
reduces the pain to the bare minimum but even this is a lot of pain and
time.

Personally, I'd recommend newbies that want to use a patched version to
find someone who's maintaining a "fork". Maybe these "forks" could be
listed in the patches section of the wiki. What do you think?

Jan Christoph

PS: I'll update my share of patches in the next 1-2 weeks to the current
HEAD.

--
Jan Christoph Ebersbach
I didn’t want some petty, inferior brand of righteousness that comes