Re: [dev] Allow secure access to Web site suckless.org

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 13:20:32 +0200

On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 13:10:06 +0200
hiro <23hiro_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> are you claiming Let's Encrypt is trustworthy?!

However, to add to my previous point, I like the automated process for
Let's Encrypt, and it adds more trust than just connecting over HTTP.

The 100% ideal way would be to do onion stuff, but how many people are
really using Tor to browse the web? Let alone to download tarballs and
stuff. For the majority, an "inferior" solution which can be
troublesome in some cases but still provides another layer of security
is in my opinion favorable. Dimitris already set up Let's Encrypt on
2f30.org, maybe he can help set things up for suckless.org. :)

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>