Re: [dev] Allow secure access to Web site suckless.org

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2016 13:35:11 +0200

Greetings.

On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 13:35:11 +0200 Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi 20h,
>
> On 3 August 2016 at 12:18, Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net> wrote:
> > On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 12:18:52 +0200 Paul Menzel <pmenzel_AT_molgen.mpg.de> wrote:
> >> I noticed, that it’s currently not possible to securely browse the Web
> >> site [1].
> >
> > HTTPS is not really secure. Do you really trust any CA? How many CA peo‐
> > ple have you met in your life and really trust them?
>
> Do you trust your network adapter telling you the truth?

No.

> Nevertheless I doubt you don't use online banking and stuff like that,
> hence you definitely trust some CA to some extent ;)

You trust banks? Are you serious? I only watch for HTTPS, so it’s not
that easy to see what I’m doing over a primitive technology interface
using a simple network sniffer.

I seriously asked my bank for SSH access and a BBS. They introduced
SEPA, which doesn’t support full UTF‐8 in all fields and will bark on
certain characters. It’s the same hope I have for the web.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann