Re: [dev] Never Ending Systemd Chronicles

From: Hadrien LACOUR <hadrien.lacour_AT_openmailbox.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 13:12:12 +0200

On Fri, Aug 05, 2016 at 11:58:25AM +0200, FRIGN wrote:

> Of course, runit is only a service manager. But runit+sinit+misc is a
> whole other story.
>
> Cheers
>
> FRIGN
>
> --
> FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>

What? I'm pretty sure runit can do init.

As for the systemd controversy, I used for a long time on Arch and it
wasn't that bad from a end user point. But when you had to modify or write
unit files, it wasn't fun. Even if most of the vocabulary is simple, the
number of keywords is simply too high; while a shell script can be understood
by anybody.
In the end, I'm now happy with Gentoo and OpenRC. Especially nice to see
that it'll be soon usable with something else than sysvinit.