Re: [dev] Never Ending Systemd Chronicles

From: hiro <23hiro_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 11:38:33 +0200

>> Even if most of the vocabulary is simple, the number of keywords is
>> simply too high;
>
> So is the number of things in your $PATH…

Correct, but how is this related to the topic? Sounds like you're
saying: linux people are stupid fucks, so they DESERVE systemd. Stupid
rhetoric though.

> anyhow, man systemd.directives, be momentarily dumbfounded by the number
> of them, then shut up and forward slash.

No idea what you're talking about.

>> while a shell script can be understood by anybody.
>
> Bullshit. How often have I had to check people's lockfile code, or
> manual isolation?

I have no idea how often you had to do it. Again you're saying other
people are stupid with a hidden implication that systemd will make
their stupidity have less impact on you. BUT you still want to run
their software for some strange reason.

> How often have I had to manually kill things all over
> the place because somebody's shitty daemon spawned a subprocess that
> daemonized itself or because the shitty pidfile wasn't updated

I have no idea how often you had to do it (again, drama queen rhetorics).

> And don't get me started on
> non-robust shell scripting that I've sometime had to read. I'm tired of
> that nonsense.

You're emotional distress about the bourne shell is unrelated to
whether systemd sucks or not.