Re: [dev] [sxiv] Discussion

From: Bert Münnich <ber.t_AT_posteo.de>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 21:39:47 +0200

On 09.08.16, Silvan Jegen wrote:
> If the conversion tools are already written (I wasn't sure this was
> the case already) then all that's left to simplify sxiv would be to
> make it speak only farbfeld and then to wrap it up in a shell script
> (?) that converts all arguments to temporary farbfeld files and passes
> them to sxiv.

There's already lel[0] that does just this. But sxiv is not only an
image viewer. I heavily use it to organize my image library, e.g.
visually selecting files to import from a huge collection of freshly
taken photos or performing simple editing tasks like rotating--lossless
in case of JPEG--and tagging images with the external key-handler.
Using temporary farbfeld files as input would not make this easier.

        Bert

[0] http://git.2f30.org/lel/