[dev] [st] 0.7 release

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 16:27:20 +0200

Greetings.

I am proud to announce the common effort of many of you who made it pos‐
sible to release st 0.7 (»à Nuces«). Much has changed, so don’t forget
to update your config.h. Think before you post such bug reports. I am
st surfcon1 (thus the codename) and ready to fight.

What has changed:
* Big input and output to the escape code parser have been fixed. This was an
  addition to the copy and paste fix of the last release.
* Many comments to the config.def.h were added to make the complexity of
  terminals easier to grasp. Terminals are still complex and not easy to
  understand.
* -T is the same as -t for compatibility reasons – to set the title of the
  window.
* You can now define the mouse shape, mouse background and mouse foreground
  color.
* Fixes in the UTF-8 wide character handling were applied.
* Invalid UTF-8 characters are handled better.
* There is now more documentation for the -l option, which is the way to make
  st directly connect to some other pseudo terminal or a serial line.
* You can now send a break to the terminal.
* The default stty args have been changed. Look into the source for details,
  if you depend on them in your setup.
* The default font is now using antialias and autohint.
* The libXext dependency has been removed.
* Some eastereggs were added. You may find them easily.
* -n has been introduced for setting the application class. This is useful for
  complex st setups in dwm.
* Some backspace fixes. Please still not forget to read up all the history
  books on backspace behaviour of the time and in different implementations
  before you file any bug on it. This is a requirement.
* DPI handling is optimized.

Many patches were incorporated by many contributes. Thank you for help‐
ing making st the tool which makes our life easier!

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann

[0] http://st.suckless.org/
[1] http://dl.suckless.org/st/st-0.7.tar.gz