Re: [dev] [st] most suckless way to scroll & multiplex

From: Wolfgang Corcoran-Mathe <wcm_AT_sigwinch.xyz>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 18:25:00 -0400

Hi Joseph,

Quoth Joseph Graham:
>Hey all!
>
>I'm new to suckless and trying to learn the suckless ways...
>
>I am accustomed to having scrolling and multiplexing (in
>xfce4-terminal). To get these the suckless way should I:
>a. use tmux/screen
>b. use tabbed and the st scrollback patch
>c. something else

All of these are good, try them out and see what you like.

I’ve been using the scrollback patch for local sessions recently
(terminal muxers inside window muxers seems overkill, and dvtm is
a _lot_ of code for just scrollback). If you need session management
and terminal muxing, there’s nothing better than dvtm/abduco. If all
you need is scrollback in a windowing environment, just patch st.

Regards,

--
wcm