Re: [dev] Never Ending Systemd Chronicles

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 12:18:45 +0200

Greetings.

On Sun, 21 Aug 2016 12:18:45 +0200 Antenore Gatta <antenore_AT_simbiosi.org> wrote:
> The main feature is:
>
> > instead of executing the mount operation directly and immediately,
> systemd-mount schedules it through the service manager job queue, so
> that it may pull in further dependencies (such as parent mounts, or a
> file system checker to execute a priori), and may make use of the
> auto-mounting logic.

»My users are stupid[¹], let's make them more stupid[²] and helpless[³].« -- new slogan
of systemd

[¹] By assuming the users which really do some mount are not able to do a fsck
    or handle it in the right order.
[²] Giving away the responsibility from the user to some software logic and
    adding yet another undebuggable layer of dependency logic will surely make
    things easier to understand and keep the leaning curve low.
[³] By adding the above mentioned new complexity users are directly prohibited
    to learn about their system. This opens the ground for a new generation of
    »Linux experts« who's only task is to hide their incompetence. (As seen in
    many other technical markets, the Microsoft software niche.)

We have seen where the hidden customer complexity theorem of Windows has led.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann