Re: [dev] Sane office alternative?

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 18:20:39 +0200

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 14:47:37 +0100
Cág <caoc_AT_riseup.net> wrote:

Hey,

> Abiword sucks, in my opinion. I've tried it numerous times and many
> times it crashed
> without recover. It started when they switched to GTK+3.
>
> Luckily, I don't depend on formats and use LaTeX in my nvi. There is
> sc/vc for
> spreadsheets.

well, I respect your experience, but just for the record, Abiword never
crashed on me, and I've had my fair share of things I opened with it
(ancient docs, overloaded picture galleries and so on), but maybe the
stability for me comes from the fact that Gentoo allows me to only
compile in things into Abiword I really need. There are a lot of things
not compiled into my version, making it rather lightweight. :)

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>