Re: [dev] [dwm] Crash when setting window title to a single emoji

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 13:35:12 +0200

On 30 August 2016 at 13:18, Markus Unterwaditzer
<markus_AT_unterwaditzer.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 08:28:21AM +0200, Anselm R Garbe wrote:
>> [...]
>> I wonder if this is a crash at all. It rather looks like a fatal Xlib
>> error to me.
>
> I'm not sure how that doesn't qualify as crash. What is your definition of
> crash?

To me a crash is an illegal control flow of a program that is detected
and aborted by the governing system (libc, etc.).

In contrast an exit() caused by the Xlib error handler is kind of a
legal control flow to me, though from a user perspective similar.

BR,
Anselm