Re: [dev] Re: [dwm] Crash when setting window title to a single emoji

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 15:36:10 +0200

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 15:29:25 +0200
Markus Unterwaditzer <markus_AT_unterwaditzer.net> wrote:

Hey Markus,

> Here's another one that fails:
>
> PROMPT_COMMAND='echo -ne "\x1b]0;\xf0\x9f\xa4\x94\x07"'
>
> taken from:
>
> https://twitter.com/djm_/status/770938881206317056
>
> I seriously do wonder if anybody can reproduce this. I can on two
> machines, one of them didn't have this problem until I installed
> bdf-unifont (either 9.0.02 or 0.0.01)

your dotfiles repo shows me that your setup really is anything but
transparent. Your .xinitrc is a mess and stages an environment before
starting dwm.
Try to set up a minimal working example in a clean environment, e.g.
try running gentoo and write the .xinitrc yourself. Your lack of
control over this environment will forever hinder us from finding the
cause of this issue.

Cheers

FRIGN

--