Re: [dev] Shell style guide

From: hiro <23hiro_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 21:10:13 +0200

to me it sounds overly cautious, like a shell equivalent of: never use
goto, always use braces, etc.. i don't like writing like this.

using bash features should not be allowed *at all*, so neither
#!/path/to/bash or #!/usr/bin/env bash is ok.
#!/usr/bin/env is always wrong, /bin/sh is the only right one.

i use backticks, they might be unfortunate, but they work fine as they
are part of the language.

> Echo and printf: Do not use echo if your input includes a variable or
> backslash. There is no safe way to do so. Use printf and %s instead.

Please elaborate, i didn't know about such an issue.