Re: [dev] several questions

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 08:02:59 +0200

On Tue, 20 Sep 2016 22:04:05 -0400
Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu> wrote:

Hey Greg,

> Would you mind explaining specifically what you mean by "not
> portable"? It is my understanding that it works on a lot of Unix-like
> operating systems and that it is highly portable.

the thing is that 99.9% of people on Linux or the *BSDs don't even have
rc available. I don't think one should force users to install 9base
just so they are able to run packaging scripts or other scripts of some
sort.

Of course, given there is only one implementation, it is highly
portable per-se, given the interpretation is equal everywhere and 9base
is quite easily portable.

Cheers

FRIGN

--