Re: [dev] [discussion] editors

From: <sikerbela_AT_riseup.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2016 13:46:55 +0000

On 2016-10-05 20:30, Cág wrote:

> Also I see Acme as Emacs of Plan9.

I can confirm this as someone could never bother to properly learn
vi/vim/vis or whatever. I find even Emacs distracting with too many
keybindings and stuff, but after getting two indentation scripts(it was
+a/-a for russ cox), acme is very straightforward and (thus)pleasant
to use.

It hits the sweet spot for me- no syntax highlighting, no auto-complete,
yes point-and-click editing, searching and moving text around.