Re: [dev] [discussion] editors

From: Cág <caoc_AT_riseup.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2016 21:30:16 +0100

Ingo Krabbe wrote:

> Actually I stopped using vim, when I learned to use plan9. That time,
> when I worked from a linux system I used ed, even for bigger projects
> and I still think that ed is a very considerable editor, that can do
> line numbers any time and any where you want them and yes, for fun.

Quite frankly, I don't understand Plan9 in general and Acme in
particular. I've just tried once again the latest 9front
and things seemed even more counter-intuitive then the previous
time.

I also dislike using mouse/touchpad, unless gaming.
When I moved to keyboard-driven things such as vi, dwm/dmenu/st
(I was using Xfce long before and GNOME even earlier), I tried
switching back but noticed that I tried to cycle windows with
Alt+j/k, destroying them with Ctrl+Alt+x and so on.
Muscle memory, if you want. With mouse you probably can never
reach the productivity of keyboard. Also I see Acme as Emacs of
Plan9.

Cág