Re: [dev] Collecting sins of Apple

From: Silvan Jegen <s.jegen_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 22:47:22 +0200

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 09:54:04PM +0200, lukáš Hozda wrote:
> Do you know about some bad things Apple has done in their pursuit of
> ever-increasing profits? Do you know about ways Apple is against free
> and open-source software? Please let me know. Naturally, if you know
> about some good deeds of Apple, I accept them as well.

* Proprietary hardware (chargers, connectors)
* Restrictive licensing (not allowed to install their OS on non-Apple computers or VMs though I heard they changed that clause)
* Promoting their proprietary "Mantle" API instead of Vulkan (without letting other people write drivers/API implementations on their OS)

Just from the top of my head. Some if it may not be relevant anymore so
take it with a grain of salt.

Cheers,

Silvan