Re: [dev] Collecting sins of Apple

From: Ali H. Fardan <raiz_AT_firemail.cc>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 23:53:44 +0300

One of the biggest failures they have, is they're unable to develop
their own OS/Software by themselves, see their source tree[0], it's
just GNU utils, BSD utils, and other stolen parts, not to mention
the bad design of their hardware and it's overprice.

On 2016-10-21 22:54, lukáš Hozda wrote:
> Hello suckless folks,
>
> I am not very familiar with the usage of mailing lists and unsure
> whether this is the right place to post this request, but just like
> the title says, I am collecting the sins of Apple. I will be having a
> speech/presentation on problems of Apple the next week at my school
> where I plan to talk about the wrongs against people and sane software
> Apple has on account.
>
> I share the passion for C and ingenious, simple, concise and fair
> software and have been reading everything in dev and hackers mailing
> lists for a few months, which inspired me to ask you, sane guys, who
> seem to have a similar view on software and computers as I do, but
> have much more experience and skill in the field, for some input as
> well.
>
> Do you know about some bad things Apple has done in their pursuit of
> ever-increasing profits? Do you know about ways Apple is against free
> and open-source software? Please let me know. Naturally, if you know
> about some good deeds of Apple, I accept them as well.
>
> In return I will include everyone who shares some information in the
> sources and briefly mention the great suckless community as well.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Lukáš
>
> P.S: If this is indeed the wrong place to post this or it doesn't
> belong here for one reason or another, I am sincerely sorry and in
> that case, please ignore this post/mail.

[0]: https://opensource.apple.com/release/os-x-10116/

---