[dev] mailto: and customi URIs in surf?

From: Jean Louis <bugs_AT_gnu.support>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2016 22:50:44 +0200

Hello,

Surf is excellent browser. I would like it to open mailto: URIs, at
least that there is solution that I configure it to give it a handler
to parse the mailto.

Same would be for other URIs, that it is configurable, similarly how
it may be configured in xombrero browser:

custom_uri = mailto,mailto.scm
custom_uri = muttview,MuttView.pl

Then mailto.scm parses:
mailto:some_AT_example.com?subject=Something%20Here?CC=others

and opens whatever program user wishes.

and MuttView.pl would open special view of mutt, showing all email
addresses belonging to user, like muttview:somebody_AT_example.com

Users shall have option to add custom URIs by choice, it need not be hard
coded. Then I can send quickly SMS, or call people, by clicking on links.

Jean